- The company has partnered with various universities across the nation
- “This higher education ecosystem is beginning to mature at the exact time when national security is reaching a new precipice of challenges”
Jun 20, 2023
Peraton has been strategically investing in university relationships to fund key areas that will fuel business, increase impact, and positively affect the future of our industry. The company has partnered with various universities across the nation to support customers of mutual interest, enhance diversity of the employee population, and increase STEM accessibility by sponsoring students, research, and hiring in mission critical areas. Most recently, Peraton partnered with George Mason to fuel the next-generation workforce through the Stu Shea Scholarship in National Security.
“The team and I have worked tirelessly over the past few years to promote organic growth from a business and employee standpoint,” said Alison Paris, senior vice president, Talent Acquisition. “These strategic investments, sponsored research, and recruitment partnerships are critical to what sets Peraton apart from competitors and enable us to deliver innovative solutions to our customers’ toughest challenges.”
Recent technical accomplishments within Peraton’s university-sponsored research program include:
- Advancements in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) to support autonomous systems, situational awareness, and command and control
- Protocol development to support modeling & simulation of IP networks in space
- Algorithm and software development to support deep fake detection and influence campaign detection
- Research into quantum key distribution and quantum random number generation to support assured communications
- Advancements in edge computing and 5G to support secure, distributed communications
“We’ve established this higher education ecosystem through co-investment, research, and relationships, which is beginning to mature at the exact time when national security is reaching a new precipice of challenges,” said Matt McQueen, chief communications and engagement officer, Peraton. “We’re adamant about clearing the door for more diversity of thought, talent, and technological advancements to enter the industry. If you come from a background that may put obstacles in place, Peraton will do everything it can to remove those challenges.”
Peraton is always looking for the best and brightest talent to support missions of consequence across the globe. Interested candidates should visit careers.peraton.com to learn more about our culture.