On July 31, 2019 Solers Inc. (“Solers”) became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Peraton Inc. (“Peraton”). Solers, the legal entity that holds this contract, remains unchanged as a result of the transaction.
8(a) STARS II, a small business set-aside GWAC, provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. With a $10 billion program ceiling and a five year ordering period, 8(a) STARS II allows for long-term planning of large-scale program requirements while strengthening opportunities for 8(a) small businesses.
Constellations / Functional Areas (FAs)
Two Constellations Based on Industry Accreditation: 8(a) STARS II industry partners are classified in two Constellations. Industry partners in both Constellations have competitive pricing and technical proficiency. Constellation II also includes industry partners with an additional industry credential, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or ISO 9001 (quality management system).
EMCS-Solers Partners was awarded all four Functional Areas (FAs), corresponding to the following North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Codes in Constellation 1:
- C1 FA 1: 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
- C1 FA 2: 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- C1 FA 3: 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services
- C1 FA 4: 541519 Other Computer Related Services
EMCS-Solers Partners was also awarded all four FAs in Constellation 2 to support opportunities that require CMMI and ISO standards / certifications.
- C2 FA 1: 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
- C2 FA 2: 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- C2 FA 3: 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services
- C2 FA 4: 541519 Other Computer Related Services
Access To Multiple Types Of Task Orders
8(a) STARS II offers fixed price, time and materials, labor hour, and blended task order types, providing greater flexibility in procuring different types of IT products and services and meeting your mission requirements: 8(a) credit can be easily transferred back to client agency via the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS).
Directed Task Orders Up To $4 Million Each
8(a) STARS II allows for directed (i.e. sole source) task orders up to $4 Million, including options. Orders more than $4 Million must be competed among the industry partners in the chosen constellation and functional area.
8(a) STARS II provides many benefits including:
- Awards are non-protestable except for scope, maximum order limitation, and/ or period of performance issues.
- Client Agency Contracting Officer (CO) can request Delegation of Procurement Authority from GSA SB GWAC Center, after which the Agency CO issues and manages the orders directly and provides a copy to the SB GWAC Center.